>Hi Britt,
>
>Thanks for info on PDF.  Is the point with a PDF to be small?  Is it better
>(smaller) than an JPEG?  If I use LZW compression, can someone with a Mac
>view it?

PDF uses several kinds of compression, it is all internal to the format, it
can be viewed on different platforms.

>Does it work with Photoshop, or just with Illustrator?  Illustrator files
>are already small, aren't they, relatively speaking?  See, I'm just full of
>questions.
>Chris

Illustrator files are not small when they contain pixel art, as can be seen
by saving a file as EPS with images included.

You said your image was in Photoshop, Going through Illustrator was just a
suggested way to get at the PDF format without having to buy Acrobat 3.01

Britt

Britt Griswold/MAP Project
RS Information Systems
NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center